Would you like to improve your oral health by straightening your smile? Misalignments in smiles are often due to malocclusions, which can be treated with effective orthodontic care.
Common types of malocclusions include the following:
– Underbites, also called bulldog teeth, come to pass when the bottom row of teeth juts out past the upper row.
– Rotation malocclusions happen when teeth are shifted out of alignment.
– Overbites, also called upper protrusions or bulldog teeth, take place when the upper row of teeth juts out past the bottom row.
– Deep bites act as severe methods of overbites.
– Spacing malocclusions form abnormal gaps and voids between teeth.
– Transposition malocclusions transpire beneath the gum line, resulting in teeth erupting in the wrong places.
– Crossbites are the result of each jawbone failing to line up correctly.
– Misplaced midlines ensue when the center of your upper teeth does not connect with the center of your lower teeth.
Make sure to take good care of your teeth, so that they can last a lifetime. For more information about malocclusions and misaligned smiles, or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Steven Jung and our team at Steven Jung, DMD, MS, give us a call at 209-835-0977. Our orthodontic office is conveniently located in Tracy, California. Stop by, and take the time to focus on your oral health care.