We are all too familiar with the troubles that can accompany orthodontics. That is why Steven Jung, DMD, MS has provided a few tips on what can best contribute to the oral success of our child and adult patients. Dr. Steven Jung will answer any questions you have during your appointment with us, but if you need a reminder, we have provided this list of recommended Do’s and Don’ts of caring for your orthodontic appliances.
• Preserve the cleanliness of your teeth and gums at an extra-high level, so brush after every meal and snack, as it is easy for substances like plaque, sugars, acids, and leftover foods to degrade the freshness and sanitary aspect of your orthodontic work.
• Let us know of any breakages and repairs prior to your next appointment so we can reserve extra time for appropriate care.
• Visit your general dentist for regular cleanings and checkups.
• Remember that this is a temporary inconvenience that will help you achieve your best aesthetic smile!
• As tempting as it is, we recommend you avoid foods like gum, popcorn, nuts, fruits that are not first cut into smaller bites, pizza crust, corn on the cob… really anything that could damage the setup of your orthodontic care.
• Play with or pick at your braces or other appliances.
• Continue habits like sucking on your thumb, biting on your fingernails, chewing on pens/pencils/other hard objects that could be detrimental to the placement and movement of your oral treatments.
• Give up- this will all be worth it!
If you have any kind of issue we may not have addressed here, please call us at 209-835-0977 so that our well-informed staff in Tracy, California can assist you.